With so many devices being deployed in the district, I needed to keep the day-to-day process of iPad management, tight and consistent.
- I created a main “cheat sheet” for my teacher leaders (this also included principals) to provide them more detailed info regarding the iPad set up (passcodes, wifi settings, etc. “Train the Trainer”-type model). There are 7 buildings to support, so I need a nucleus of people who can support at the building level when I am not available.
- I also introduced these individuals to the FAQ (teacher “cheat sheet”), as in addition to hands-on iPad. This is for teachers and answers specific questions about iPad logistics for classroom use.
What I discovered:
- Not all teachers have had experience with using iTunes
- Those who do, need further clarification about using a generic iTunes account vs. purchasing with personal iTunes accounts.
- Everyone needs basic experience with iPad’s accessibility features: pinch to zoom, creating folders, multi-gesture settings, etc.
- Teachers need help wrapping their head around integrating an app, one ipad, with a classroom full of students.